Sunday, May 30, 2010

Amazing radish seeds

Planted some Radish seeds yesterday (29th) & they started to grow in less than 24 hours.
( Radish -Raphanus sativus ).




Today they look like this.I used an old shallow tray to plant the seeds. They will be thinned out as usual & planted directly in the ground.
Four days after planting. Maybe I will wait a day or two before moving them to bigger pots.
Once planted have to keep soil moist as summer is approaching fast. Hopefully after a month this is what I should get.


I live in a zone 11 area by the way.


My Radishes after 7 days  

I started thinning them & moving them into bigger pots

I gently pull on the plants to get them out of the soil & dig a hole to easily accomodate the roots without forcing them down 

I space them at least 5-7 cm apart

Within another 3 weeks they should be ready to eat.
Tip : don't leave them too long in the soil otherwise they become pithy & will start to crack.Don't over water them , just keep soil moist. Plant motre in 10-14 days in order to get a steady supply during the growing season. Enjoy .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog